Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Did Thompson Provide Persuasive Evidence that the South's Slave System was Morally Evil?

The following is an essay for my English 1 course. Enjoy!
-----
     I think that John Thompson did a remarkable job of giving evidence that the slave system was evil. He was constantly giving examples of the numerous, brutal whippings and other negative sanctions imposed by the white masters. In addition, Thompson said that he believed that God's wrath would be poured out upon the South because of the slave system. Also, he said that the masters beat them without cause, and gave sanctions for no reason other than to beat them. I think this gives more than enough persuasive evidence that the South's slave system was indeed morally evil.
-----
Let me know what you think in the comments section below. (If you are reading the on my main page, click on the title of this post to be taken to a page where you can comment. I highly recommend doing this.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment