Friday, February 21, 2014

Should I Include Reconstructed Speeches in My Autobiography?

This is an essay for my English 1 course. Enjoy!
----------
     Speeches. We all give them at one point in our life, or another. The question is, are they important enough to include in my autobiography? I say that it depends. It depends on the speech's importance. I'm are more than likely not going to include a speech I gave while running for Student Council Secretary in the 7th Grade. It's just not that important. However, I would be more likely to include a speech that had a bigger impact on mine, and others, lives. Like, say, maybe at a high school graduation.
     Also, it is important that I only include speeches that help me make a point. If they don't serve the purpose of backing up what I said in a particular chapter, then they have no use. Then they go from a speech that someone would like to read, to a boring story with no real relevance. So, if they are of importance, and they help me prove a point, then, sure. I'll definitely include speeches in my autobiography.
---------
I hope you enjoyed this essay. Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! (If you are reading this on my homepage, you must click the post's title to go to a page where you can leave a comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment