Wednesday, April 30, 2014

As a Writer of an Autobiography About Life in the Woods, Would You Spend More Pages Describing an Ant War or Loons?

The following is an essay for my English 1 course. Enjoy!
-----
     If I were in the position of Thoreau, writing an autobiography about life in the woods, I would be more inclined to write more pages on an ant war than on loons. (In this case, 'loon' refers to an aquatic bird resembling a duck.) This is because since loons are rather close in behavior and appearance to ducks, people would not find them as interesting as ants. Thoreau aptly described the ant war, and I found it more interesting than the section on loons. Therefore, I believe it would be wise to include more pages on the ant war. Also, I believe it is easier to describe an ant war, than to describe loons. This would be beneficial, because better descriptions make for more interesting passages.
-----
I hope you enjoyed this essay.

-RPCStudent1414

No comments:

Post a Comment